On my second date with Dan, I made clear I wanted to have kids, preferably two! Yes, I said that early on in case he didn’t. This way I wouldn’t waste my time with him. Luckily we found each other at a time in our lives where we both wanted the same things: Marriage and start a family fast. So we did: We dated for one year and then he proposed on our first anniversary. We were engaged for 10 months and then we got married! Due to short finances, we had to wait three months to go on our honeymoon to Thailand. Well worth waiting as we had the time of our lives and I came back already pregnant! It is fair to say that the baby was made in London and not Thailand though. I conceived on the week we left for our trip.
Dan and I had decided to start “trying” but didn’t expect to fall pregnant with our first attempt! We were very surprised but very happy. The day I found out, I created a whole plan of how to tell Dan about the baby:
- Did the test and got the two positive bars;
- Went to the tube station to get my “baby on board badge”;
- Went to the church to receive a blessing over my belly (no bump at that time, as I found out on my 5th week;
- Went to a restaurant to book a table for the evening and to agree with the waitress for her to be my “camera woman” when I started telling Dan about the news. Luckily, she agreed!
- The surprise would be me telling Dan with the badge about our happy news. However, he thought I had handled the camera to the waitress for her to take a picture of us and not to film!
This is the result: